Sunday, December 17, 2006

Seeking Yarn

Hello Bloggers. Wow it's been ages since I posted last. There just aren't enough hours in the day right now. But, just because I'm not blogging doesn't mean that I'm not knitting. I finshed the socks that I was working on. I love these socks. Love the colors. Love the yarn. Love the way the stripes line up in both socks. Love the way they hug my feet. I have more of the undyed yarn and am thinking of dyeing up some red and grey. As soon as I decide what stripe pattern to do.

I've also been working on the Swallow Tail Shawl from the Fall 2006 IK. It has been quite a struggle. I would spend one night knitting and the next night ripping back. But, I finally made it to the end of the last chart. Time to celebrate! Well, the celebration was very short lived. I don't have enough yarn to finish. I tried ripping out the last two rows of the final chart and finishing from there. That didn't work out either. The bind off row really eats up the yarn. I have no choice but to rip yet again and put the shawl aside while I order another skein of yarn. If anyone out there has a skein of Blue Sky Alpaca, 100% alpaca sportweight, color 308 (navy), lot 9470 please leave a comment or email me (link in the sidebar) and I'll buy it from you or work out a trade from my stash.

Now, I must go watch the Survivor finale. With any luck soon I will be posting pictures of a finished Swallow Tail.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Mon Dec 18, 08:44:00 AM, Blogger AR said...

Those are so cute! Great job with the stripes, you dyed the yarn, right? Love the colors!

 
At Mon Dec 18, 04:24:00 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Your socks are fabulous! I really love both the stripes and the color.

 
At Mon Jan 01, 01:12:00 PM, Blogger pacalaga said...

Did you find your yarn? Can you do a different bind off, like a crochet bind off, that doesn't eat up the yarn?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home