Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Semi-FO

A while back I purchased two ounces of merino/silk roving dyed by the very talented Nancy Finn in the copper slate colorway. I held on to it forever trying to work up the courage to actually spin it. Finally one day I took a deep breath and sat down at the wheel and started spinning. This stuff is absolutely awesome to spin. I loved it! The luminosity. The colors. The way it glides through the fingers. It's all great. Parts are spun too loosely and parts are poorly plied. But it's still beautiful. I tried several different projects before I found the horseshoe lace washcloth pattern in Knitter's Stash. I adapted the pattern using three repeats across for a narrow scarf. The 270 yards made a 37" scarf before blocking. I haven't blocked it yet so don't know what the finished length will be. The colors are difficult to photograph but the picture here is pretty close. Being a beginning lace knitter I can recommend horseshoe lace as a good lace pattern to start out with.



Project Specs:
Yarn: Chasing Rainbows merino/silk roving spun into a 2-ply fingering weight
Color: Copper Slate
Pattern: adapted from horseshoe lace washcloth by Theresa Gaffey as seen in Knitter's Stash
Needles: size 4US Takumi bambo 16" circular
Enjoyment: very high

Stay tuned for the finished pictures.

4 Comments:

At Wed Aug 30, 07:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is very interesting. I'm spinning some in crocus, and was wondering whether to just 2 ply it, or Navajo ply. How did you keep the colors together in 2 ply?

 
At Sat Sep 02, 12:47:00 AM, Blogger Peevish said...

Oh, wow. That looks spectacular!

 
At Sat Sep 02, 12:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooooow!! Gorgeous colors, such lovely yarn! I wish I could spin like that! (heh, I wish I could spin at all!)

 
At Sat Oct 15, 12:26:00 PM, Anonymous Chula Vista TV Installation said...

Interesting readd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home