Friday, May 05, 2006

There's a New Sheriff in Town

Since I have no knitting* to blog about I'll do a bit of randomness. This here is the new sheriff of Liberty. He stands guard at the girls barn keepin' out all them varmints what might want to do harm to a bunch of young females. He takes his job very seriously as you can see from the pair of six shooters. He was recently heard to say "Don't be a messin' with my girls".

He is on loan from our son while he gets settled in the Chicago area. He recently accepted a position at the Brookfield Zoo and we are storing some of his stuff for a while. No need to keep this fella' stuffed in the back of the garage when he can earn his keep.

And, here's one of the girls he's charged with protecting.

This is her favorite place to cush the last few days. It's the prime location in the barn directly in front of the fan.

Since she doesn't seem to be in any rush to deliver the only picture I can show of her cria is this. She is two weeks past her due date. I've been told that they typically carry two weeks over in the spring. Hopefully this means delivery is right around the corner. Think pink.

*The reason there is no knitting to blog about is because I had to rip out the jaywalker. The heel had been turned and most of the gusset shaping was done when I did a try on. It wouldn't go over my heel. aaaargh. I did do a gauge swatch before starting this project and determined that on size 2 needles I would need to cast on 68 stitches instead of 76. It fit the foot perfectly. I didn't take into account that this pattern doesn't have a lot of give. I ripped and cast on 76 stitches and am now back to where I was the last time I posted about it. Live and learn.

7 Comments:

At Sun May 07, 07:24:00 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

I love your sherriff! Ain't nobody rustlin' those alpacas while he's on watch!

 
At Mon May 08, 05:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL! I know if I were an outlaw, I'd keep my distance from that sheriff!

Can't wait to see the crias!!

 
At Tue May 09, 09:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know -- and I'm not sure you WANT to know. Some friends of ours finally had their cria on day 379! Our Chloe looks close, but I don't think she's going to happen tomorrow which is her official (345) due date.

 
At Wed May 10, 08:43:00 PM, Blogger Martian Anthropologist said...

cool sheriff! :)

 
At Fri May 12, 08:55:00 PM, Blogger Funkyewe said...

Awesome pictures of your girls. Hope the cria will be there soon! Love the sheriff...looks intimidating enuff!!

 
At Thu May 18, 07:18:00 PM, Blogger Jay said...

She is obviously feeling so safe and relaxed with the new sheriff (is his name OMAR sheriff..? Too much? Perhaps...) that she doesn't feel the need to deliver to soon. SHe looks very relaxed...

 
At Tue May 23, 10:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any cria yet? How did shearing go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home