Friday, April 21, 2006

Alpaca Lace Scarf

While trying to come up with a project that would best showcase this hand dyed yarn

I finally settled on this simple lace scarf.

It is just a simple yo lace with no fancy stitches and a garter stitch border. It was the only thing that worked with the color repeats. I tried Branching Out and two different patterns I found in mags (don't remember which ones right now) but the pattern just got lost in the color changes. After some experimenting with yo's I came up with this. I'm happy with the outcome and will use this in the future for other troublesome hand dyes.

The yarn I used is Blue Sky 100% alpaca (purchased here on a trip to Atlanta last year) in the Natural color. The scarf took two 50gr skeins. Dyes used were Gaywool acid dye and were hand painted in a random fashion. If you haven't tried the Blue Sky yet you really must. It is oh so soft and yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home