Monday, April 17, 2006

A Return

Well, guess I'm over whatever demons possessed me earlier this month. I really do want to continue blogging but am really trying my damndest to decide which way I want this thing to go. I know I want to concentrate on alpaca fiber. After all, that's what got me into this thing to begin with. Before alpacas I had all but lost all intrest in knitting. You know, I hadn't knit in nearly 30 years. Yikes! But then came that fateful day that I bought an alpaca and the addiction was begun. It's like any addiction really. All it takes is one drink, one roll of the dice, one toke, one alpaca fleece and you're hooked. But I discovered something else along the way. I also like wool. Believe me when I say that I have always been a hater of the wool. It's too scratchy and hot. That was before I attended my first fiber festival and found that there is actually wool out there that is much less scratchy than anything I had ever been exposed to before. I actually enjoy knitting with it and spinning it. Then came merino and silk blends. What a dream to spin. I am officially addicted to all natural fibers. So, how does someone that favors alpaca to other natural fibers and raises alpacas on her own farm justify all the blogging about wool? Well after my little tantrum that resulted in the deletion of my blog I realized that I don't have to justify it. Whether it's alpaca or wool it's all good. It all comes off of wonderful animals that give joy to the people that lovingly raise them and faithfully shear them each year. We all put our hearts and souls into a product that gives joy to others. So on this blog you will see projects made with fiber from my very own alpacas, wool that I buy and spin from festivals, and even yarn that I buy from my LYS or over the internet. I do this knowing that somewhere out there someone else has put their heart and soul into this product so that I and others like me could derive joy from it. I'm back in my happy place now.

2 Comments:

At Mon Apr 17, 12:44:00 PM, Blogger Victoria said...

Yeah, carry on with the alpaca wool loving!
Yours is the only blog I've ever found about it, so go fill your niche ;O)

 
At Tue Apr 18, 08:11:00 AM, Blogger jenifleur said...

I'm so glad you're back! Even with your email I was worried you'd lose interest in the interim! (Because you know your life is all about entertaining ME, right?)

I don't think you need to justify anything in your knitting or blogging world. I mean, they both evolve and they both go through phases as time passes. They are both a reflection of you and your life. It's understandable that you want a focus-at one time we did as well-but if you find it's stifling you, nobody here is going to mind if you need to meander for awhile.

I'm tickled pink to see you here again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home