Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Jaywalker Semi-Progress

I'm only getting about an hour of knitting time each evening so the progress is not so much. First up we have Benjamin "Cobble Stone" Franklin taking time out from the Declaration of Independence to hold the sock.


This wonderful doll was made by Barb Keyes of Woolies Fiber Works (she doesn't have a web site that I know of). I sent her some of Cobble Stone's baby fleece and she turned it into this beautiful work of art. All I told her was that I wanted him posed as Ben Franklin to represent our farm name of Liberty Alpacas. He is holding a quill (under the sock) and a copy of the Declaration of Independence. I feel very fortunate to have a doll made by her as she only makes a few each year.

Next, in honor of today (April 25) being the one year anniversary of our DS and DIL adopting their children, Alex and Annie, the sock poses with one of the gifts they brought back from Russia.

April 25 was the day the judge signed everything and they officially became parents to two beautiful, delightful childern.

When I explained to DH last night how I was able to dye the yarn to get a specific stripe pattern when knitted up he was very impressed. Thank you Eunny for such good instructions on how to do this and making me look smart to the DH. The stripes are really more distinct than this picture shows. Indoors at night with built-in flash is not the best conditions for photography.

This is such a fun pattern to knit. I can't believe I waited so long to try it. Oh, and I have to tell you what a prompt person Kathy is. I emailed her a question about the pattern and in the blink of an eye she emailed the answer back to me.

2 Comments:

At Wed Apr 26, 12:12:00 PM, Blogger Lori said...

the alpaca doll (and the sock) look awesome!!! The alpaca has such character. I think if it spoke it would have an accent.

 
At Wed Apr 26, 05:49:00 PM, Blogger silverarrowknits said...

Benjamin is ridiculously cool. I am also impressed with getting the yarn to stripe the way it did. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home