Thursday, September 07, 2006

FO

The scarf is blocked and ready for its debut. This thing is light as a feather. The photos do not do it justice at all. The silk content gives it a sheen that just doesn't show up very well here. I will definately be buying more of the Chasing Rainbows merino/bombyx. If you're a spinner and haven't tried this yet do yourself a favor and get some. But be warned, choosing a color will be almost impossible; they are all gorgeous. Nancy Finn is a genious when it comes to combining colors. I can't believe I let myself be intimidated by the silk for so long. I had read about how difficult it is to spin but, it was lies, all lies. The drafting was effortless and it just glides through the fingers. Watching the changing colors is mesmerizing. Have I convinced you yet? Go, go now.

7 Comments:

At Thu Sep 07, 08:59:00 PM, Blogger Beth said...

OK, OK, Twist my arm!

I've got some merino with silk noil on the wheel right now - it's proving to be a challenge (wool with "stuff"). Maybe this will be easier?

BTW, I ordered "embers".

 
At Fri Sep 08, 12:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf is beautiful!

 
At Fri Sep 08, 08:30:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Beautiful! I went to the site and there are so many beautiful colors! How do you pick? Close your eyes and move your mouse? ;)

 
At Sun Sep 10, 06:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's lovely! I need to finish my other 2 oz and get cracking. Inspiration!

 
At Mon Sep 11, 09:35:00 AM, Blogger April said...

That is just too beautiful for words. I'm new to spinning silk myself and was very intimidated by it. It's wonderful to work with and now I'm worried about knitting with it. (It will probably be a dream!)lol. Thanks for sharing the project. It's great!

 
At Thu Sep 14, 02:09:00 PM, Blogger ExpatCentral said...

That scarf is absolutely gorgeous!

 
At Thu Sep 28, 07:46:00 PM, Blogger Zarzuela said...

Wow! That is so beautful! You did a great job!

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home