Thursday, September 07, 2006

Football Knitting

The observant among you will have noticed the fantasy football button in the sidebar. No? Go look. Yes, I have joined a league with other yarny girls. Vera got it all together and I thank her for that. . We are having loads of fun tweaking our teams and getting ready for the kickoff game tonight.I've always loved football and once even tried a fantasy team. But at the time I didn't have a clue what I was doing and joined a league with people I didn't know from Adam. I lost interest very quickly and I'm sure my team lost. This time is different. I'm in a league of all women with a common interest in yarn and am totally caught up in the whole process. I have spent the week researching my players, keeping tabs on injuries, and making trades. By the end of the season I'll be boring my husband to tears with all my NFL knowledge. (He's not a big pro ball fan. He is more into NCAA football.) For anyone that is interested I'll be updating the sidebar weekly to let you know how my team is doing. If there are Peyton Manning fans out there he is my starting quarterback. WooHoooo.

But don't think that just because I'm watching football I won't be knitting. Many socks will be knit this season. I'm working on a pair now that will get a lot of attention this evening while I watch tonights game. I'm even planning to dye some special sock yarn in honor of the league.

Go Alpacas!

3 Comments:

At Thu Sep 07, 11:54:00 AM, Blogger Vera said...

I have my projects lined up for tonight too.

League sock yarn!?! How exciting.

 
At Thu Sep 07, 12:10:00 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Oh man! Can't wait to see the league yarn.

I'll also be planted in front of the TV tonight watching and knitting.

 
At Fri Sep 08, 08:23:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I was knitting a sock last night too watching the game! LOL :) Hope you have a great day, and good luck this season with your team.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home