Saturday, October 07, 2006

Socktober Yarn

I finally got around to dying the yarn for the fantasy football league that I'm playing in this season. And just in time for Socktoberfest too. The league voted on light blue and brown for our official colors. I have named it Vera's Fantasy in honor of Vera. She came up with the idea of a crafter's fantasy football league and got the whole thing going. I'm really anxious to cast on but I have another sock that is just waiting for toe grafting and I really need to get that done and cast on for it's mate.

Vera's Fantasy is 560 yards of squishy soft light fingering weight superwash merino. It is dyed to create stripes when knit as socks. This hank was intended to be a weekly prize for the league but the brown came out with some unintended pale sections. I really want solid colors in this yarn so the next hank will be the prize. (Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't duplicate whatever mistake I made with this one.) Plus, I accidentally cut the yarn in one spot when I was removing the ties so it now has a knot in it. Bleh.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Sun Oct 08, 06:57:00 AM, Blogger Vera said...

I am sooo touched!!!! I must get a skein.

 
At Thu Oct 12, 10:02:00 PM, Blogger ExpatCentral said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Rise! I'm with Vera..I definitely need to get a skein of that.

Sherri/Dani

 

Post a Comment

<< Home