Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Quick Pattern Question

I'm about to start a new adventure and I need help in making a decision. I have not knit a sweater in over 30 years and I think it's high time to do so. The only sweater I have ever knit is an Icelandic Lopi sweater that I knit while in Iceland in 1975. If I can remember after I get home today I'll take a picture of it. This sweater was actually my first knitting project and I was so naive that I didn't know that it was too advanced for a beginner. I had no knitting fear back then. Looking back I don't know how in the world I ever did it. And, it only took a week to finish. Of course it was knit with bulky yarn on size 10.5 needles and I didn't work then. I only wore the thing twice because it scratched like crazy and was a tad small. I didn't know about swatching. Ever since picking up the knitting again I have said I'm going to knit a sweater and have never been able to make the commitment to just do it. I'm ready. I've selected a likely candidate. But first I want to see if anyone else has knit this pattern and if so what tips you can give me. It is the Shocking! Jacket from IK Winter 2004. A lovely fitted jacket with princess seams that will be perfect for the office. I plan to leave off the flower motif along the left sleeve. I looked at the IK site and didn't find any pattern corrections. What about it knitters? Have you knit this? What problems did you encounter? I would love to see pictures of your finished jackets. Heavens, I'm getting all goose bumpy just thinking about casting on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home