Monday, January 15, 2007

Cuteness and An FO


First up is the Cuteness. Emma and C.C. all sacked out for the night. We got this soft side snugle house for them a couple of years ago at wally world. They liked it so well that we went back to get a second one so they could each have their own. There were none left so they have to share the one. I really don't think they mind sharing though. These two get along great. When it gets really cold I put one of the kitty pies inside for extra warmth. But, thanks to global warming I haven't had to do that this winter.


In the Finished Object catagory the Swallow Tail is blocked and ready to show off. Even though this is a pretty simple lace pattern I had a heck of a time finishing it. The main problem was trying to watch too much tv while also trying to keep track of charts. I would knit a few rows and rip back a few rows. Knit a few more, rip back a few. I probably could have left a couple of the mistakes in and no one would have ever noticed. But, I would know they were there and it would drive me insane. Then there was the whole running out of yarn problem. I ended up having to order another skein and finally finished it. I learned a lot about lace construction while working on this project. I also discovered I enjoy knitting lace. A year ago I couldn't imagine that I would ever have any desire to knit lace. Now I find myself surfing the web for other lace projects to tackle. The next one will probably be a rectangular stole. Something very wispy and elegant.

Project Specs can be found here.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Mon Jan 15, 09:17:00 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

That is absolutely beautiful! The good thing about blog pix is that they are far enough away to not show mistakes. But I know what you mean about them driving you nuts.

 
At Mon Jan 15, 09:37:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

The kitties are so cute. Your shawl is just gorgeous. I keep feeling like I want to knit a lacy shawl.

 
At Tue Jan 16, 05:46:00 AM, Blogger Vera said...

Fabulous job on the shawl.

 
At Tue Jan 16, 12:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shawl turned out beautifully!

 
At Sun Jan 28, 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Tami said...

Emma & CC are adorable!

The shawl turned out lovely1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home