Sunday, February 04, 2007

One Row Wonder


The camera was retrieved from the truck and the battery charged. I had forgotten that the reason the camera was in the truck to begin with was because I was taking pictures of the snow Thursday morning. It was beautiful for about half a day. It started raining about 7:30 that morning and slowly melted all the pretty snow. I guess this was our one snowfall of the winter. I'm ready for spring now. Hey, I'm so glad we don't live in Chicago where our son and his family are. I noticed the high for today is 0. The high! I guess that might explain why he's been appling for jobs in Texas.


All of the cold weather around here, with night time lows in the teens, has prompted warm knitting. As mentioned in the previous post I've been working on a scarf using Stephanie's one row pattern. This is one of those colors that is almost impossible to photograph accurately. Especially with the dismal lighting conditions today. The color is actually more red than it appears. With any luck this will be finished this evening while watching the Super Bowl.

Another way to keep warm is with homemade chili. That's what will be cooking in the kitchen this afternoon. And I do make a pretty mean pot of chili.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Sun Feb 04, 03:48:00 PM, Blogger AR said...

Mmmm. Homemade Chili. Yum.

Your scarf looks nice, when I feel really cold, I get out the boring throw I've been knitting forever, cuz it's warm and cozy.

 
At Mon Feb 05, 06:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your scarf! We had snow the next day too. It melted quickly though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home